Canvas and nylon crossbody bags and shoulder bags are practical and inexpensive. These bags might not be the most elegant and smart looking but they are very durable and do the job perfectly. So does the Neatpack Crossbody Bag. I’ve been using this bag for a little over three weeks, and here is my Neatpack Crossbody Bag review.
But let’s look at the numbers first.
Weight: approx. 13 oz (370 g).
Dimensions: 12” x 11.5” x 4” (30.5 x 29.2 x 10.2 cm).
Length of the strap: approx. 57” (145 cm) when it’s fully extended.
Neatpack Crossbody Bag Review
As other this kind of bags the Neatpack Crossbody Bag is very practical and versatile. It is perfect both for travel and as an everyday bag. It’s lightweight yet durable. The bag is made of water resistant nylon, with nylon lining.
The crossbody bag has an adjustable, padded shoulder strap which seems very durable. Thanks to this wide padded strap one can wear this bag for several hours without feeling any discomfort.
NeatPack’s back wall is lightly padded which is great if you want to put your tablet in the back Velcro pocket.
The bag has light grey zippers with round zipper pulls that remind me of those on Kipling bags. The zippers seem durable and don’t catch. The top double zipper can be locked with a small lock (not included).
The Neatpack Crossbody Bag can be cleaned easily. Manufacturer recommends to wipe it clean with a damp cloth. If the bag gets very dirty, you can wash it in a washing machine, however, it’s not recommended as a method for regular cleaning.
As an added bonus, the crossbody bag features an RFID-blocking pocket which will protect your passport and credit cards from unwanted scanning and identity theft. Not that it is a very serious threat right now, clearly not in Latvia, but it’s nice feature to have, nevertheless.
Pockets and Compartments
The bag has a roomy zippered main compartment and plenty of pockets. Let’s look what the NeatPack Crossbody Bag has to offer!
- 1 zippered pouch pocket;
- 1 slide-in pocket with NeatPack logo on it;
- 1 zippered large pocket;
- 1 side pocket for a water bottle;
- 1 back pocket with Velcro closure.
- 2 slide-in pockets (1 small, 1 larger);
- 1 zippered RFID blocking pocket on the back wall.
How Roomy Is the NeatPack Crossbody Bag?
To get an idea how roomy is this bag, let’s look what I was able to fit inside my NeatPack crossbody bag!
In the Exterior Pockets:
- Zippered front pocket – Amazon Kindle without its case;
- Large zippered front pocket – iPad mini in its magnetic case and iPhone SE in its case;
- Slide-in pocket – a pack of Kleenex tissues;
- Side pocket – my stainless steel 20 fl oz (600 ml) water bottle barely fits in;
- Back Velcro pocket – a paperback (A5, 300 pages); size-wise this pocket can hold an iPad mini in its case.
In the Main Compartment:
- MacBook 12” without its case (vertically);
- A5 notebook (200 pages);
- MacBook, iPad mini and smartphone chargers;
- Thin and lightweight cardigan (size S).
In the Interior Pockets:
- Zippered RFID pocket – passport holder (with passport and credit cards in it);
- Small slide-in pocket – a bunch of pens and pencils;
- Big slide-in pocket – small planner.
Quite a lot, huh?
OK, here are some thought about the packing process.
While my stainless steel water bottle (20 fl oz / 600 ml) barely fits in the side pocket, I think there should be no problem with putting a regular, plastic, 16 fl oz (500 ml) water bottle.
My MacBook 12” without its case fits in vertically, but I would not carry it in the bag without a case because of the other loose items in the main compartment that could scratch it. Or it just can be damaged in other way because the bag is not fully padded, only its back panel. I think I would be able to fit my MacBook in a thin case or pouch but, granted, it would be a tight fit.
I can fit my Amazon Kindle without its case in the front zippered pocket (the smaller one). But it’s not possible to fit it in there with a flip case on. In this case the Kindle can be stored in the back Velcro pocket, large zippered front pocket or in the main compartment.
With all this stuff in the bag it still was comfortable to wear it. Thanks to the wide and padded shoulder strap I didn’t feel uncomfortable carrying it.
NeatPack Crossbody Bag: Bottom Line
The NeatPack Crossbody Bag is not only a great bag for travels but also good as an everyday bag. I have carried electronics in it and even went after a few groceries to a nearby shop. The bag feels sturdy and seems that it will last and won’t fall apart after just a couple of months of use.
Although it’s not the most beautiful bag on the market it’s still pretty enough. I think for such kind of bag the look is not important as it is designed to be a practical everyday or travel bag.
The adjustable shoulder strap has a padded part that can be moved up and down the shoulder strap. When you don’t want to wear the bag crossbody, you can make the strap as short as possible and pull the padded part over the metal buckle. At first I thought it’s not possible to do so but with little pushing and pulling I was able to move the padded part over the buckle!
- Has a durable and padded shoulder strap;
- Has round, easy-grip zipper pulls;
- Top zipper pulls can be locked with a small lock (not included);
- Slightly padded back panel – great if you put an iPad / tablet in the back Velcro pocket;
- Plenty of pockets, most of them roomy;
- RFID blocking pocket.
- Small Velcro in the back pocket seems a bit flimsy. I would have liked if it was a bit bigger.
- Side pocket seems a bit narrow, but it can still hold a 16 fl oz (500 ml) plastic water bottle.
Buy the NeatPack Crossbody
Buy the NeatPack Crossbody Bag on Amazon!
Or visit the NeatPack official store.
Disclosure: Although the NeatPack Crossbody Bag was sent to us to try out for free, my opinions shared are my own.